Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Elder Harrison Adams 7/11/16 Morehead City, NC/Nags Head, NC

Family and Friends,

To start off, I have some sad and also exciting news. So we had transfer calls, and I will be leaving Morehead City. Elder Gibb will be staying and train a new missionary. It'll be weird to go somewhere else because I've spent 6 months and this ward is my second family. It was really hard to say goodbye to some people. But I'm also excited because I will be going to my new area, Nags Head in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I'll be companions with Elder Martinez again, and we'll be living inside a beach house. So I'm excited for that!

Last week for the 4th, we were able to go with a member family to the beach and watched fireworks there. It was really cool and pretty to see them.

This week we had a really good lesson with an investigator, Johanie. We taught the Book of Mormon. Although, we spaced it and forgot to bring a Book of Mormon for him! Luckily after the lesson, it was close enough to our house that we could just run back and grab one for him. He's my age, 19, and just barely got here from Mexico. He's really a nice guy, and has sincere desires and questions about God. The bishop went out with us to that lesson, and even though he can't speak Spanish, he still was able to help lots. We would ask him questions and then translate his answers to Johanie. 

Other than that not too much exciting has happened this week. We played lots of basketball and tennis in the mornings, with ward members. Brother Cambell and Crandell play basketball with us lots (see photo below) while the bishop and some other members come and play tennis with us. I'll miss that!

Oh I also forgot! So this week two members in the church got married. Ricardo Rubio and Marcella Fletcher. They needed someone to translate a ring ceremony that they were doing so they asked us (the grooms family and friends were Hispanic). So now I've officially translated part of a wedding! 

On a more spiritual note, I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ and for His unconditional love. I don't think I'll ever truly understand what it means to call Him my Savior. But I do know that he suffered for the world. Me included. The Saints, the sinners, and everyone else in that mix. He suffered for us so that He could raise us up to live with God. So that we can enjoy eternal happiness and bliss. A blessing about being in the South is that everyone here has a strong love for Jesus Christ and a strong desire to follow his commandments. Although they don't always agree with what we teach, they do have that love and devotion for their Savior.

I love North Carolina, I love the people here, and I love being a representative of the Savior Jesus Christ! 

Love,

Elder Adams





No comments:

Post a Comment