Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Elder Harrison Adams 7/25/16 Nags Head, NC

Family and Friends,

This week was an interesting but fun week. We really are hurting on car miles. So with our cars we have a certain amount of miles that is allotted to us each month and we can't go over that designated amount. So because we were doing pretty bad with miles, Elder Martinez and I have had to ride bikes quite a few times during the week. Which isn't my favorite thing, with it being over 100 degrees with over 90% humidity. I don't think I've ever been more wet in my life. The thing about North Carolina that's different from Utah, is I could walk outside and walk to the car. And in that amount of time I would sweat more than I would going on a run in Utah! It's crazy. 

We were also able to eat with several members this week. One thing that I've wanted my whole mission and haven't gotten until now is seafood. We ate with brother Paul Spencer. They fed us some really good fish, I'm not sure how to spell it, but it sounds like Wahoo. Probably the best sea food I've ever had in my life. His friend had caught it that day so it was really fresh. We also ate with the Seal family. They're super great. We had little pork sliders and some really good brownies for dessert. We also have several Hispanic families that will be feeding us this next week, and I'm very excited for that! I love Hispanic food. 

Other than that not anything out of the blue has happened this week. I did go on exchanges up to Kurrituck. Also this Sunday the bishop has asked the missionaries to speak on missionary work, and he asked if I would give my talk in Spanish. I haven't finished preparing yet, but I've started and decided to put a focus on the Book of Mormon in missionary work. In the little bit of preparation I've done, I've already learned lots! The Book of Mormon really is my favorite book, along with the Bible and, and the other books of sacred scripture that we have. I know that we can draw closer to God by reading the Book of Mormon. And I fully believe that it is the cornerstone of our religion!
Take Care!

Love,


Elder Adams



No comments:

Post a Comment