Monday, October 17, 2016

Elder Harrison Adams 10/10/16 Newport News, VA

Family and Friends,


This week has been full of some fun things! So for those of you who don't know I'm back in Virginia, where I started my mission. I'm companions with Elder Armstrong and Elder Luque. They're both great. 

I'm also back in the Spanish branch which I am excited for! At first I was a little bummed to be going back up to Virginia, but things aren't too bad. In fact, I love the food I've been getting recently. In North Carolina I didn't eat too much Hispanic food. Just lots of fried chicken. But this week I had some really good pozole and ceviche. The pozole was brown which was interesting. I've only ever had green and red pozole before. But it was pork based with some liver in it. Then yesterday an investigator had us over and fed us some really good ceviche. He also basically gave his daughter for me to marry but that's beside the point! 

The people here are amazing. We've had lots of success this week in teaching people who are genuinely interested in the Gospel. It's so nice to see and it's really fun teaching them! Sadly church was cancelled this week because of the hurricane so we weren't able to bring anyone to church, even though some people wanted to come! Bottom line is, the people here are amazing.

We also had a little bit of a storm! As in a hurricane. Even though it was pretty small we still got lots of rain and flooding. We had to stay inside Saturday and Sunday. Nothing too bad happened here. I've heard in Morehead and Nags Head they got it pretty bad. But here it wasn't anything too crazy. Lots of wind though. Tree branches were in the road and a few telephone poles/light posts blew over. Lots of people are still without power. But everyone is holding out here. 

Thanks for y'alls love and prayers! I love you!

Elder Adams 


(also in this photo is a Chile del Arbol. Me and Elder Luque lost a game and had to eat one. It was one of the hottest things I've ever eaten!) 

Chile arbol
Spanish branch missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment