Monday, May 29, 2017

Elder Harrison Adams 5/22/17 Greenville, NC

Family and Friends,

Hello Y'All!

This week has been overall a pretty good week! This Wednesday we had to drive to Virginia, which is four hours from where we currently are. So we drove for four hours, had a meeting up there for a little under seven hours, and then ended up driving home after that. We got home a little after 9:00 P.M. It was a long day because we sat for so long, but it was also a really good day!

This past week we also had interviews with President Weed. Let me say, I love my mission president. It's easy to see the care and love that he has for us missionaries. He and his wife are both spectacular people and I'm glad that they are leading our mission. This upcoming week we are also going to have Zone Conference. Elder Mickelson and I have a training or two to give in it, so we've been preparing lately. Hopefully it'll all go well!

Alright, so some really good things happened this week! So we taught Fernando again. Let me just say, his smile is so contagious! He's smiling all the time and it's so refreshing to meet someone so nice and so happy. We were able to teach him a little more about the Book of Mormon and testified to him about the divinity of that book. Honestly, I love the Book of Mormon. Whenever I have questions or doubts, I've always been able to fall back onto my testimony of this book. And if the Book of Mormon is true, then logically everything else is also true! 

We also taught a lady this week about the Plan of Salvation. She had lots of questions about where she came from and the purpose of this life. The Plan of Salvation really does give us such good direction and purpose in our lives! If we do the things here that we know we need to (namely: Develop faith, Repent, Be Baptized, Receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Endure to the End) then we can be confident in our salvation. I have no doubt that if we do those things, we will return and live with God after this life. I'm so grateful for this blueprint that we have and for the opportunity we have as members of the church to model our lives around this plan. And everything in this life that is wrong or unfair will be made right, through Jesus Christ and His atonement!

Well, I hope Y'All have a fantastic week! Take care!

Love,

Elder Adams 

No comments:

Post a Comment