Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Elder Harrison Adams 1-4-16 Newport News, VA

Hello family and friends,

This week has been pretty rough for us here. It has gotten really cold, so we have to bundle up in several layers. Even though the temperature isn't super low here, the humidity really plays a part in how cold it is! It feels like your jackets don't do anything for you.

It's also been hard because we had a very rough beginning of the week. We had a lot of set appointments with our good investigators, and almost all of them cancelled or just weren't there. Also, yesterday before church, we were able to stop by six of our investigators. They all said that they were excited to go to church, and that they were going to be there. Well. Church started. More and more people came. But none of our investigators. Our service started. And I was praying with all my heart that one of our investigators would show up. Sadly no one did. This week has been tough in that regard. We've put in so much work. We're trying our hardest. Not a day goes by where we don't collapse on our beds from exhaustion. But right now it's hard to see the reward for our work. I know that really this is all in God's hands. I have a strong testimony about that. I also know that what I'm doing here is right. And even if I can't see the fruit of my labor. It doesn't mean I am wasting my time. Sometimes I just need to remind myself of that during the week.

I know that if we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest, as well as the easiest times in life will be a blessing. Even in this hard work, I have found joy through the simple miracles of Christ that continue today.

Well, it also is a new year, and my birthday today. Honestly, it doesn't feel like it at all. I still feel like it's 2015! And a birthday on a mission is nothing special. It's really just a normal day, except you get to open a few presents! The mission really is a lifestyle. Work work work! That doesn't mean however that I don't love it. I love this work, I love the Lord, and I love you all.


Happy New Years!

 

A little picture a girl drew of me and Elder Martinez on a bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment