Monday, May 2, 2016

Elder Harrison Adams 5/2/16 Morehead City, NC

Family and Friends,

This week has been a good week! As always, I enjoy the work here. Especially getting to know the members and Hispanic people here. I was reflecting this week back before my mission, and I've found some funny changes. I wasn't always the most social person before my mission, especially when it came to talking to someone over the phone or someone new. Well, that no longer phases me at all! Sure you run into quite a few mean people, but I've come to realize on my mission that people are generally good in nature. Also I find it funny that I used to be a picky eater. I would stay away from beans, broccoli, you name it! Well. I love beans, broccoli, and pretty much anything you put in front of me! So it was fun for me to reflect on those changes that I've seen so far on my mission. 

Other events that happened this week. I went on exchanges with Elder De Mie, who came into the mission about three weeks ago. It was fun because this was the first time on an exchange that I was the oldest one (mission age). I also got to drive the car. For the second time in 9 months. Of course, Elder De Mie, being an English missionary, didn't speak a lick of Spanish. People would ask him questions, and he had no idea. It's weird to think that I can speak another language and communicate in a different way, but say the same thing. We had a really good time together. 

One other cool thing that happened was that we got two new investigators from a member referral! Perfecto Zapata, who works at a Hispanic restaurant, is always giving us new people to teach. He shares the gospel with anyone he can. So Sunday after church he told us he had some friends he wanted us to teach, right then. So we went with him and taught a little family. I can see this particular family doing really well with the lessons. 
Well, that's really most of the news for this week! I love being a missionary and know that I am doing the Lord's work. I love this scripture in 3 Nefi 11:11 where it says, "And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning." Jesus Christ is the perfect example, because He was the perfect follower. He followed His Father's will, and we can strive to do the same as we follow the example of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Love,

Elder Adams


I've included here a few pictures of the exotic wildlife in Morehead City, North Carolina!



No comments:

Post a Comment