Monday, February 27, 2017

Elder Harrison Adams 2/27/17 Greenville, NC

Family and Friends,

This week was fantastic! One of the highlights was the Hispanic family home evening we had at a member’s house! We had a dish from El Salvador, and also a really good dessert. I don't know exactly what the sandwiches we had were called, everyone just called them "tortas de pollo" even though that wasn't the actual name. For dessert we had "pastel de piña volteado." I'll include some photos below. We also had a really good message about pleasing God, and what we can do to make Him happy.

During church the translating equipment wasn't working so that was a little frustrating. In the second hour me and Elder Barboza taught the Spanish class, just focusing and highlighting a few points of the Restoration and the First Vision. I'm so grateful for this restoration. I'm grateful we will in a time where we have all the blessings of the Gospel available. I'm especially grateful that I can be with my family forever.

This week we also were able to find some new people, and teach some really good lessons! One of our investigating families had us over for dinner. We had meatballs with rice and tortillas. Not quite your typical meatball dish!

We taught them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and highlighted a few points. Especially repentance and baptism. I'm so grateful that we have the opportunity to repent. God is a God of mercy, and a God of love. If we just turn to him, with a broken heart and contrite spirit, we will be made whole. There's no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. 

I hope Y'all have a good week, and be safe!

Love,


Elder Adams

 


No comments:

Post a Comment