Monday, March 6, 2017

Elder Harrison Adams 3/6/17 Greenville, NC

Hello Y'all!

So this week was a little bit of a tough one, it seemed for a while that nothing was going our way. And of course that's frustrating, especially when you are working as hard as you can and it seems that nothing is happening. However, even though we had lots of hard times, we also saw lots of tender mercies and blessings. I've felt the Spirit so strong throughout this week and have had many prayers answered.

Speaking of prayer, last night I had lots of time to reflect on that subject. I'm sure there are times in our lives when we feel that we are not worthy to pray or that our prayers go unanswered. Maybe sometimes we feel that no one is listening, or that our prayers come and go with no avail. I was feeling a mixture of these concerns this week. But when I was feeling this way, a scripture came to my mind.

2 Nephi 32:8 says:

"And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.

But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul."

I realized that God always wants us to pray. No matter how bad things are, or how hard it can be sometimes, the Spirit tells us that we need to pray. I know that's true, and I know that prayer is a powerful tool that we have. It's blessed my life so much. And I've seen so many miracles come from the power of prayer. So, next time you're feeling discouraged or broken, remember. The Spirit teaches us to pray. And prayer can solve any problem. I love Y'all so much and hope you have a great week!

Love,


Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment