Monday, September 28, 2015

Elder Harrison Adams 9-10-15

Dear Family and Friends,

This is my last week here at the MTC. Let me give you all a quick run through of my week. So this past Sunday, for some unknown reason, our branch president added Elder Clark to our companionship. So I am currently serving in a trio. I like it a lot and it’s fun, although they both were swimmers. Elder Clark swam for the BYU team, and they love talking about swimming. I don’t really understand what they are saying because they use some weird terminology I have never heard. But it’s all good fun.

Also on Sunday we were made the zone leaders. It’s a lot of hard work, and lots of times we don’t even have time to do our personal studies because we have so much to do. But we were able to have a little bit of personal study time, and I was able to finish the Book of Mormon again. I started it over when I got to the CCM (MTC) and got to read it all the way through so that was a pretty cool thing. Other than being super busy, nothing out of the normal has happened this week.

Yesterday we got to introduce the new district and give them a tour. That was really fun, and it’s crazy to think that was me not too long ago. Time in here went really fast. It’s hard to explain. I feel like I’ve lived my entire life here. But I also feel I’ve only been here for one day.

With me reading the Book of Mormon I have been reflecting a lot on all God has done for me. I look back at times in my life and I see how God helped me, even though I wasn’t able to see it at the time. I know I owe everything I love to God. My family, my friends, and everything good that has ever happened in my life has come because of God. My testimony has grown so much being here for only six weeks. And I’m super excited, but also a little nervous, to fly out to Virginia in four days and start my missionary work.

In addition to being zone leader, I am also the travel leader for our flight. So I’ve been pretty busy going around making sure everyone has all the information they need.

Here is what my travel plans look like:

3:30 AM- Wake up and report to the Travel Office. 
7:10 AM- Fly from Salt Lake City, UT to Atlanta GA (7:10-12:45)
2:09 PM- Fly from Atlanta, GA to Norfolk, VA (2:09-3:51)

After than I will arrive at the airport, get my bags, and look for representatives from my mission. So if I would be able to make any calls, my guess would be in the morning before my flight. And if not hopefully during my short layover in Georgia. Another fun thing, is that five people in our district are going to be on the flight with us.

I’ve been taking lots of pictures, but they computers here are super protected. You have to buy a converter from the MTC store and I just didn’t see a need for it. Once I’m out on the field I will be uploading more of my pictures. 

I almost forgot to tell this other crazy story! So on Tuesday our companion, Elder Clark, needed to go to Salt Lake City to get his visa. So he was companions with Elder Cutler for that day, because he was going for the same reason. Well they were gone way longer than they should have been, so we were all worried about them. Later we saw them and asked what happened. It turns out they had a pretty crazy experience! So they went to Salk Lake, everything was fine there. Then they went to a store after to get some drinks. Well it turns out the man working there was LDS so he bought all of their drinks for them which was pretty cool. Then they got on the train to go home, and they were talking with a lady. She got off the train and they realized that she had left her phone. So they ran out and caught up to her just as she was getting in her car and gave her the phone back. Well the train had left at this point, so they got on the next train. And when they arrived at the Provo train station all of the buses had stopped coming. So they had to walk from there, about four miles back to the MTC. 

Well that’s all that has happened this week. I love you all so much, and am so excited to leave this Tuesday! I think my next P-day will be a week from Monday.

I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures oh when I arrive and my new companion.

Ciao! 

-Elder Adams



Elder Adams with his companion Elder Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment