Monday, September 28, 2015

Elder Harrison Adams 9-3-15 MTC


Where do I begin for this week….This week has been super spiritual but also probably the hardest week of my life. I’ll start off with the bad things so we can end on a good note haha.

To start off, basically the entire MTC is on quarantine because there is a nasty bug going around. And of course, I was one of the people who picked it up. On Monday I wasn’t able to go to any of my classes because I was sick in bed, constantly making trips between my room and the bathroom to throw up. It’s one thing to be sick at home when you can watch TV or do something else to pass the time, but all I had was a blank wall. And I didn’t have energy to do anything else. So Monday was by far the worst day I’ve had here, but luckily I only really suffered from it for that one day. 

The next day, I woke up and was feeling better. So as a district we went to the gym to play basketball. We were playing against some other guys who were a little hot headed and an Elder in our district lost his cool. It’s hard here, to sit in class all day and have very little time to work out, so all of our tension had built up and everyone in the MTC is always a little on edge. But the Elder in our district and the other Elder started talking to each other, and you could tell a fight was about to break out. So I went to grab the Elder in our district, and I did and started pulling him back. But I did that right when the other Elder threw a punch, and he hit me right on my cheekbone. It hurt pretty badly, but I’m okay. But it is bruised and because of that I won’t be sending any pictures this week. I don’t know. It’s just hard here to keep all of your emotions in check. I don’t blame anyone for what happened. And it’s nothing too bad. 

Okay enough about all of that sad stuff! Because being on a mission is awesome! So a way cool experience that happened this week. One of the hermanas (sisters) in our district had a really nasty cough, and was coughing every minute without fail. She was going to go see the doctor but the doctor’s office is closed on Saturdays so she would have to wait until Monday. So all of the Elders in our district decided to give her a blessing. Elder Clark was the one who was asked to give the blessing, and he was giving a good blessing. But out of nowhere in this blessing, Elder Clark just stopped for about thirty seconds. Then in a loud voice he said “Sister Eldridge, at this time we bless you to be healed. That through your faith in Christ, you can and will be healed.” He said some other things too that were super cool but that was the gist of it. Well, after the blessing we were all pretty much in tears. And still to this day I have not heard that sister cough once!

Also Tuesday night we had our devotional, and we all sat down, and then we all noticed they had the stands of bulletproof glass set up. So we were all pretty excited. Then Elder Dallin H. Oaks walked in, and we all stood up. It was really cool because I was sitting really close to him. More or less about fifty feet! He gave a wonderful devotional and said some things I really needed to hear. Here is my favorite quote that he gave, and it helped me during this challenging week of mine: Courage isn’t always a loud booming voice. Sometimes it’s the little voice in your head at the end of the day saying… “I’ll try again tomorrow.”

Well that is all for today!

-Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment