Monday, November 14, 2016

Elder Harrison Adams 11/14/16 Newport News, VA

Family and Friends,

This week was a really good week! We got transfer calls this past Saturday and some weird things are going to be happening. Elder Luque is going to Greenville, Elder Armstrong is staying, and I'll be moving about 4 miles up the road to reopen Newport News C. So now instead of two companionships in the branch we will have three. I'm going to be getting Elder Claridge. Although my area is basically going to be the same, so lots of the people I've been working with I'll still be able to see! I'm grateful for that. 

This week, we put in lots of hard work. We focused especially on teaching by the Spirit and it's been amazing to see the difference. God truly knows each and everyone of us—our desires, our concerns, our needs. As we've taught with the Spirit, we've been able to answer their concerns, solve their problems, and promise them the blessings that they need. I love feeling the Spirit. There is nothing better than being an instrument in the hands of God. 
At church yesterday, I was able to see the Herrera family. They were here last year when I served in this area, and we became really good friends. They moved to Smithfield so normally they attend the ward there. But every now and then the make the journey up to visit the branch. We also had five of our investigators at church! Eva has now been for four weeks in a row, and we got the Hernandez family to come as well.

I love being a missionary! The church is true. Keep going. Keep trying. And never give up!

Love Y'all!


-Elder Adams 


No comments:

Post a Comment