Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Elder Harrison Adams 10/24/16 Newport News, VA

Family and Friends,

This week was a good week! Although at the beginning of the week I got sick. And then Elder Armstrong caught what I had right as I was getting better. So we have had to spend a little extra time indoors which is the worst as a missionary. Back home if you were sick you could watch TV, or play a game on your phone, but as a missionary you have nothing to do other than sleep. Meanwhile your companions are bored out of their minds because they don't have anything to do either! So that was miserable. But, aside from the sickness, this week was pretty good! 

On Friday we went over to a less active members house and she showed us how to cook enchiladas and chilaquiles. Oh. I forgot! She also showed us how to cook pig head. So we ended up having enchiladas, chilaquiles, and pigs head tacos. Which were surprisingly good! Although I do not recommend watching it being cooked. Probably one of the grossest things I've seen! President Piggot and his wife also fed us this week. They just made us chicken and a salad. But Sister Piggot is one of the funniest people I know! She's from Columbia and so she speaks really clear, good Spanish. Whenever she sees us she always says "¡Hola Cabezones!" 

Another reason why this week was great was yesterday. We were finally able to have a normal meeting with just the branch! My first week here it got cancelled and the second we were combined with another ward. But finally we had a meeting with just us! There were only 40 people there, including us and little kids. And out of those 40, 5 of them were our investigators and 1 of them was an investigator of the sisters. It was great to see so many people that weren't members at church! The Hernandez family and Eva Munoz were our investigators at church. And everyone there was so nice to them and came and talked to them. They should be at church next week as well! Well, I sure am glad to me a missionary. I'm glad to be a representative of our Lord Jesus Christ. The church is true!


Alright, love Y'all!

We found some deer behind a trailer park so we had to take a photo.

I got bored while Elder Armstrong was sick, so I was doodling. 

Enchiladas and chilaquiles that we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment