Monday, November 28, 2016

Elder Harrison Adams 11/28/16 Newport News, VA

Family and Friends,

Happy late Thanksgiving! I'm grateful for each and every one of you and hope y'all had a great week! For Thanksgiving we went and ate at our branch president's house with the other Spanish Elders. As much as I love Hispanic food, I was grateful to have a traditional Thanksgiving this year. 

I'm also grateful for exchanges and the chance to learn and grow from other missionaries. This week I went on exchanges with Elder Sena Segundo. He is from Brazil and he taught me lots about Brazilian customs, culture, and even gave me some Brazilian food! We also ate at the Hernandez house yesterday. Nothing crazy. Eggs, bacon, beans, and tortillas. But after a long day that was one of the best meals I'd had in a while! 

Going along with this theme of gratefulness, the Lord has given us many things to be grateful for. This week was a pretty hard week overall with quite a few disappointments. But, every time I was discouraged or disappointed the Lord always put a tender mercy in my day to cheer me up or to give me the strength to keep going. I'm grateful for this Gospel and I know that if we live obediently then we will receive blessings. On my mission I've seen it in my life and in the lives of other people as well. I love this Gospel and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. Sorry it's a little short this week, but I love Y'all! 


Elder Adams

Elder Adams and Elder Luque

Elder Adams and Elder Haslam from our stake who returned home 11/16/16

No comments:

Post a Comment