Monday, July 17, 2017

Elder Harrison Adams 7/10/17 Wilson, NC

Family and Friends,

This weekly sadly was a little bit slower. We weren't really able to meet with the majority of our investigators, which always makes the time go by a lot slower. It's also been extremely humid. Even though with the temperature it's only been in the 90's, it's some of the hottest and most miserable weather I've even been it! Elder Burke and I were teaching a lesson to a woman out on her porch, and the sun was even behind clouds, but afterwards we were drenched head to toe in sweat.

We also went zone conference this week which is always really uplifting and spiritual.

President Weed and Sister Weed are really trying to prepare the mission for the giant wave of new missionaries we will have coming in next transfer. Within the next two transfers, they calculated that over half of the missionaries will be training. So we reviewed chapter 8, 9, and 10 in Preach my Gospel in preparation. We also talked about adjusting to missionary life. It was fun to think back when I came into the mission, and some of the challenges and problems I had adjusting to missionary work. A mission is very different than anything else! And even though it's not always super physically demanding, it for sure can take a toll on you mentally and spiritually. 

Even though missions are hard, they're also the best thing. Mostly because you take a young person, who normally would devote those years of their life completely to themselves, and you devote them entirely to other people. And I promise you, as you lose yourself in the lives and interests of other people, you truly find yourself.

Over my mission I've been able to develop a vision for the rest of my life. I've seen many examples of faithful, devout members that I want to mirror. I've also learned countless life skills. But most of all. I've learned how to love. I've learned how to love hard things. How to love people that are hard to love. And how to love the Gospel with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. I love being a missionary. IT's been the best decision of my life. 

Well, 'til next week! Love Y'all! 

Love,

Elder Adams

1. Members gave us some papusas!

2.Elder Swenson and Elder Barnes

3. Elder Clardige and Elder Garcia

4. This are the whirleygigs I was talking about a few weeks ago. 


5. Fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment