Monday, July 17, 2017

Elder Harrison Adams 7/3/17 Wilson, NC

Family and Friends,

I always feel like I start off these emails saying it was another great week, but it's always true! As a missionary you always have good weeks. Even the hard ones are good. Luckily though this week wasn't hard, in fact, it was really enjoyable! Let's see where to start...

First off, it's ridiculous how many cockroaches are in and around our apartment. We started to make a game out of it, so we'll go cockroach hunting and see who can kill the most. 

Last Monday we were able to set one of our investigators with a baptismal date! He's 13, but he has got to be one of the most prepared people I've met! He loved reading the Book of Mormon and any other pamphlet that we give him. We were reviewing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with him, and we went over the five different steps. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. Then we asked him more or less where he was at on these steps. He said that he thinks he's done the first two, and the next step would be baptism. We asked him what he thought about baptism and he told us that every time he hears the word baptism, he feels happy and peaceful. So, he has now decided to get baptized! We still have some obstacles in the way of course. The major one being church. Since his parents work in the campos all day long, Monday through Saturday, they want to be able to spend time with him on Sunday. So that is our struggle right now, but of course we're trying to get them all to come to church as a family. I'll be sure to let Y'all know if we have any progress with that!

This Friday we went on exchanges. We exchanged after district meeting. I ended up going with Elder Ciminski, a good friend of mine. We became close when I was serving in Nags Head and he was a little ways North of that in Currituck. So that was really fun. I was in the area of Smithfield. 

In other exciting news, a member here recently got his mission call! So, there are four Hispanic young single adults in the ward that we call "The Boys" because they're super chidos. They all call me "Elder Alto" as well haha. Anyhow, one of them got his mission call to serve in the Dallas Texas, Spanish mission. We've been able to work lots with him and it's been really refreshing to see his excitement to go serve! It's been so great being a missionary. I love it. I love the ups and the downs, because it all has been such a good learning experience. I wouldn't trade this time I've had for anything. My heart is just full of gratitude and love.

I also love this country and the freedoms that we experience here. Serving around the Hispanic population had done nothing but boost my American pride and has made me see that the American Dream is still alive and well. They all see it. I know we can too! I love a mission. I love the people. I love the Lord. Thank y'all so much for everything you do. Don't give up, keep going. It's all going to be worth it!

Love,

Elder Adams 

 
1. Me and Brother Espino (Member in Greenville)

2.Me and Elder Holm

3.Me and Elder Barnes (He looks like Russel from UP!)

4.Me and Elder Mickelson

5.Me and Elder Swenson


6.Chicken with a mango salsa (Hey I actually learned how to do something on my mission!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment