Monday, July 17, 2017

Elder Harrison Adams 7/17/17 Wilson, NC

Family and Friends,

Hello! This week has been a good one. We were able to meet with a few of our progressing investigators and it's good to see how they've been learning and growing.

We also had the chance to do lots of service this week! On Tuesday (or maybe Wednesday) we helped a member tear down his deck. We ended up doing it in the middle of the afternoon and it was so thought I thought I was going to die! Also, I don't think I've ever sweat that much in my life. Earlier on in the week we helped weed a lady’s garden, which for some reason we also did in the middle of the day. Maybe we need to plan that out better next time! Then later on in the week we helped move some furniture to one of the sisters’ investigators houses. We've been able to do lots of service this week, and get to know the members a lot better. Overall, it's been a really rewarding and successful week! 

Service is one thing I've come to love on my mission. You take a young adult, who during this time of their life typically only focus on themselves, and you send them on a journey where they do anything but think of themselves. Instead of focusing on me and what I need and want, these past years I've been able to focus on other people. I've been able to look into people’s lives, love them, and help them. In doing so, I've come to understand a little better the love that God has for His children. I've come to love people that are considered by others "unlovable." Service really is one of the keys to happiness. If you are feeling down or stressed, take some time this week and serve someone! I promise you it'll brighten your day and week!

I love Y'all!


Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment